Hey everybody, so today is going to be a quick class because i want you to play around a little with the practical stuff you’ll be learning today. We’ll be creating our first web page. Just follow the instructions below and you should be fine.
(1) To create your first webpage on a PC, start up Notepad, or MS Word or any text editor you really like, I prefer Notepad++ though, you can get it here.
(2) Copy and paste the following code
<h1>Welcome to my first webpage</h1>
<p>This is a Hello World Page.</p>
(3) Save this file as Hello.html, make sure that the Save as type drop down button is set to All Files
(4) Simply double click or right click then select “open with…” then pick the browser (chrome, IE, Firefox, it doesn’t really matter) of your choice. The result should look a little like the diagram below.
– HTML pages are text documents.
– HTML uses tags (characters that sit inside angled brackets) to give the information they surround special meaning.
– Tags are often referred to as elements.
– Tags usually come in pairs. The opening tag denotes the start of a piece of content; the closing tag denotes the end.
– Opening tags can carry attributes, which tell us more about the content of that element.
– Attributes require a name and a value.
– To learn HTML you need to know what tags are available for you to use, what they do, and where they can go.
Try and practice everything we’ve learned in the past few days and memorize the order in which the tags appear, this is the easy part(enjoy it) , what comes next, not so much.
As always, if you have any questions don’t hesitate to comment or hit me up on Twitter and Instagram @uzoezi_. Peace.